This one is for all our restaurateurs out there, who are willing for restaurant website design to sky-rocket their business.
Apparently, your restaurant’s website is its virtual home. Even more like your online welcome mat. One that happily welcomes potential customers to your place and to discover more about it. So basically, your restaurant website design speaks a thousand words about your eatery. And what kind of experience diners can expect at your restaurant.
Along with developing creative and unique ideas for your business, offering scrumptious food and great customer experiences. A critical component of this customer experience is going all digital. As this is a digital world now. Go online/digital or go home!
While perfecting your restaurant’s digital ordering service, takeout, and delivery services. Don’t miss out on initially creating a restaurant website design that is well-optimized. This will make it easier for new customers to discover your restaurant online. To sum it all up, your restaurant website design is the foundation of your marketing strategy.
Almost 89% of visitors search for restaurants online before making a visit in person. For owners, this is a “must avail” opportunity to tailor their customer’s experience. Both in-person and online to build trust and loyalty. And turn new guests into consistent regulars. For a memorable guest’s first interaction you need an outstanding restaurant website design.
The key to a great website, one that will get your customers off the web and directly into your seats, is easy-to-find information and a thoughtful design. Here is your ultimate guide on how to achieve that, the secret recipe, best practices, and some helpful tips and tricks.
The Importance Of A Thoughtful Restaurant Website Design
In case, you are not aware of this, around 60% of diners surf through a restaurant’s digital presence before picking out a place to eat. Most probably, you are also one of them, or even me. But why exactly? Why does a person search for any restaurant’s online presence when they can just visit them?
Well, if you ask me, it’s for their own convenience. It’s a much better option to sit back at home and get all the essential information about a restaurant with just a few clicks. That too, before deciding to visit them. For this purpose, every restaurant needs to have a website. And not just any website, but one with a thoughtful restaurant website design. It should help provide potential customers with all the information they need. Including practical information like contact number, location, Wi-Fi availability, and the basic details on the dining experience like photos, menu, etc.
It’s a must for your website to reflect the same level of care that you put into the guest’s dining experience. Basically, this website acts as an extension of the customer experience. So, make sure it doesn’t scare away the customers.
The Secret Recipe To A Great Restaurant Website Design
As mentioned above, you don’t only need a basic, stale restaurant website. But a well-designed one that grabs the viewer’s attention and includes all the important information. Whenever planning to design your restaurant’s website ensure that it includes the information, a customer could be looking for. Not only it should be included thoughtfully. But also make sure that it is easily accessible.
Here’s a list of all the information that you need to include in your restaurant website design:
- The Basic Stuff: Always start with the basics. This includes your contact information, open hours, your location, online ordering, etc. Make sure all these types of essential information are up-to-date on Google My Business. As a result, you will also be able to improve your rank in Google search results.
- Your Menu Should Be The Show-Stopper: Without any doubt, all that a customer cares about is the menu of a restaurant. Apart from the ambiance, as it is also important for the gram. But no matter what, make sure to publish your updated menu on your website. It should be quick and easy to find, both on your website’s homepage and Google results.
- Add A Link To All Your Social Media Handles: In case, your customers want to get in touch with you, it should only take a few clicks. Instead of leading to one page, then to another, and so on. Additionally, try to create a consistent brand experience through all social media platforms. They should be true to your brand, culture, and menu.
- Include High-Quality Photography: Using visuals is the most effective way to convey a particular message about your business. Blurred and low-quality images will ruin the whole look of your restaurant website design. High-quality photography is one of the best tools for one’s digital marketing arsenal.
- Promote Email Sign-Ups: In general, email marketing is the best way to build a great customer relationship. It plays a major part in keeping guests coming back, countless times. In order to gather customer’s emails, include loyalty sign-ups.
- An “About Us” Page: Include an “about us” page in your restaurant website design. This will help you to share your restaurant’s story, personality, goals, and mission. While also helping you to create a connection with your potential customers.
- Optimize The Process Of Online Ordering: According to a restaurant guest report, almost 82% of customers prefer to place orders online directly from the restaurant’s website. To get the best out of it, all you have to do is make it easy for guests to order from your homepage.
How To Create A Restaurant Website Design Like A Pro
Now that you know the real deal i.e., the secret recipe to a great restaurant website design, it’s time to get to the designing part. But before diving into making some major changes, it’s a must to know a few things. The first one is to know how to make these changes in such a way, that it maximizes the overall impact of your restaurant’s website design.
All the top-rated websites found online are designed strategically to add a natural feel to them. Apparently, this is one of the easiest ways to move people from their mobile screens directly into your seat. For this purpose, offering a great user experience (UX) is crucial. User experience (UX) design is how the end-user interacts with your website.
To offer the best possible user experience, follow these tips, whenever you’re building or redesigning your restaurant’s website.
- Mobile-Friendliness: A large number of people access the Internet from their mobile devices. You need to use this to your advantage and for your customer’s convenience. Its important for every website to be mobile-friendly. Just so that it easily fits into any screen size. Without users having to zoom in, to read and easily understand the web content.
- Easy To Read And Find: Your customer’s convenience should be your top-most priority. No matter what you add or remove from the design, always keep in mind the impact it will make on the customer. Always make the most important information stupidly easy to find. If you want, include them at the top of your website. Use the basic and simplest font.
- Searchable Menu: Never, I repeat never ever upload your menu in a PDF file format. It just ruins the overall user experience. Instead, write your whole menu directly on a restaurant’s webpage. Not only it will make the menu searchable. But also, mobile responsive web design at the same time.
- Reduce Page Load Time: You may know it already, but people would rather leave a webpage. Then to wait for even more than 3 seconds for it to load. Resize and compress images and videos on your website to reduce page load time.
Your Two-Options To Design A Functioning Website
Now that we are done with the tips, tricks, secret recipe and all. Let’s get to the real part i.e., how you can actually design your website. If you are confused about where, to begin with, then we are here to guide you. Basically, you have two common options. One is to outsource a restaurant website design from a professional freelancer or agency. While the other is to do it yourself.
DIY Web Design
This option of DIY web design includes using website building platforms like Wix, Squarespace, etc. All such platforms have democratized website design with outstanding templates and intuitive page builders. And the best part is that you don’t need even need to know how to code to create a restaurant website design. With the help of these platforms, you will have greater creative control. While also being able to make updates to your website whenever you want. But the drawback is if you don’t already have some knowledge about restaurant website design. Then it may give you an unprofessional look while affecting the overall performance. Read more about custom website and video marketing.
Outsourcing Web Design
The best thing you can do for your restaurant website design is to hire a professional. And there are literally thousands of reasons why. First and foremost is because it will be professionally designed, it will look great. Along with the visual appearance, it will also perform better. You will have one less thing to worry about and handle on your own. The designer will make sure things move along smoothly. Although it may cost you a few hundred dollars or even thousands. But the final product will be all worth it.
In case, if you are looking for a professional designer who can create your restaurant website design. Then stop looking around because you are just at the right place. We, Artisticore, have got you covered. All that you have to do is get in contact with us. Check out our latest blog post and Instagram.