No matter if you own a brand that sells clothing or a hardware-software. Or even just trying to offer your services online. The point is if you have a small business, then you definitely need a great web design. To put into easy words, it is essential to avail professional web design services for small business.
This is one of the easiest and effective ways to ensure that your business constantly remains at the top of its game. All with just incorporating a unique web design into your small business’ website. Overall, it is an average investment of around $2000 to $10,000. However, it cannot help you directly grow your business from scratch. But it’s one of those investments that have the potential to constantly pay off year after year.
Now, you might be wondering about how a well-designed website is going to help? Well, the answer is absolutely simple, CONVERSIONS. With an efficient and modern web design, you can easily get more conversions. These conversions help to grow a business at a fast pace. To get the most out of your web design, it’s best to hire an expert to avail web design services for small businesses.
Web Design Services For Small Business To Increase Conversions
As mentioned above, a great web design is key to increase conversions. Apparently, when an individual is creating a website for their business. The main goal and purpose are more customer conversions. Surely, you can optimize your site in a number of different ways for conversions. But a majority of the strategies are completely based on web design.
Mainly because a web design includes several important elements. For instance, call to action (CTAs), navigation, and the appearance of your site. In order to get higher conversions, each page of your site must include all of these elements. Or even some, depending on the relevancy. By using these tactics effectively, you can easily turn your online visitors into paying customers. This is why you need to collaborate with a professional web designing agency like us, Artisticore. Not only do we have industry experience of over a decade. But also we know how to do it just the right way.
However, one can use a few steps and useful advice when availing web design services for small businesses. This will help you to get started and compete effectively in the market competition. Without any further ado, let’s dive straight into those steps.
Necessary Steps To Building A Great Small Business Website
1. Choose the right domain name
The entry point to your website is the domain name. More widely known as a website address. It is one of those important parts of a site that makes a good first impression. Particularly, for usability purposes and for search engine optimization. A few tips to come up with an ideal domain name for your business are:
- Keep it short and extremely easy. Avoid using made-up, slang, or any esoteric words.
- Until and unless it is more appropriate to use any other extensions. Always opt for a “.com” domain name as they are more common.
- Never add numbers and punctuations. As they are hard to remember and can be misunderstood.
- Keep the website domain name catchy and memorable.
- Avoid unusual words that don’t make any sense. Go for a domain name that conveys the message of what your business is about.
- If it is possible, try to create an SEO-friendly website address. Including geo-location and keywords.
2. Display a clear description of your business
The most important thing that you want your website to do is to represent your business. You want to let visitors know who you are. And what your business is about, at just one glance. No matter what, they should not feel a bit confused while visiting your small business website.
In order to successfully achieve this, you can do a few things. Firstly, make sure the main banner image and subsequent banners are a clear representation of your services. Add an introductory text blurb at the top of your webpage. In order to describe who you are and what you do. Also, ensure that main and footer navigation menus have easily accessible links to the “About Us” page.
3. Purchase a secure web hosting with tech support from web design services
Right of the bat, let us first understand what web hosting is. Basically, website hosting allows individuals or organizations to publish a website. Or a particular webpage onto the Internet. This service provides businesses with the necessary technologies needed to be viewed online. Its process of working is quite simple. Firstly, you have to connect your domain name to your web hosting provider. This way, when someone visits your website address. Your business website will show up at the top of the search engine. One that you have stored on your hosting account.
In general, web hosting services can be both cheap and quite expensive. Depending on the type and support you choose for your business. Typically, it can cost anywhere around $2 to $100 per month. But personally, I would recommend purchasing a yearly plan. As many services usually offer a free discount on these plans. Some of the popular web hosting companies are Bluehost, GoDaddy, Dreamhost, InMotion, and SiteGround.
For your convenience, below we have mentioned a simple guide on how to choose a good website hosting plan:
• Starting off with the most expensive but absolutely worth it option, i.e., a dedicated server. Its price ranges from $100 to $2000 a month. The major benefit of this server is that it makes your website perform optimally. Not only you will have a server entirely dedicated to your site. But also, countless resources and much more security.
However, it’s not the best option for web design services for small businesses. Majorly because of its cost. But if you have that kind of budget then surely opt for this.
• A hosting plan that offers the best of both worlds is a virtual private server (VPS). This server is a machine designed to perform as multiple machines at once. You will get the same security and performance potential as a dedicated server at an affordable price. Usually, it can cost $20 to $50, per month.
• Another easy and cheap option is a shared server hosting plan. You can get your hands on this for as little as $2 a month. As the name refers, shared hosting means sharing a server and all its resources with another customer. A disadvantage of this server is that it affects the overall performance of your site.
Now before making a final decision about web hosting, keep a few things in mind. Make sure that the web hosting services you are willing to use have 24/7 customer support. In case, if you ever face a problem, they will be quick to resolve the issue. Additionally, always check to see what kind of server security they are using. Also, make sure there is an easy-to-use server interface that helps to access the server.
4. Make use of the best content management system for web design services
Along with having a great web design, it’s also important to timely create and manage the web content. For this purpose, you need a good content management system (CMS). A CMS can be defined as a software program that is specifically used to efficiently create and manage digital content. Not only do you need to implement the best CMS. But also, the one that meets all your needs. It will help you to maintain your website without much technical knowledge. There are different systems used for different purposes. For instance, extensibility, user-friendliness, budget, etc.
Some of the commonly used content management systems are:
- One of the most popular and high in demand CMS is WordPress. Along with a vast and active support community. It also has several useful plugins that help to extend the functionality of a site. This CMS is absolutely free to use and easy to install.
- Squarespace is one of those systems that you have to subscribe to monthly or annually. The catch about this system is that it makes the site and blog creation an easy drag-and-drop experience. Generally, the subscription includes web development and design, software maintenance, a domain name with annual purchase, metrics, 24/7 customer support, SSL security, storage hosting, and unlimited bandwidth.
- Another popular and useful CMS is Drupal. It is widely used by a large number of people because of all the benefits it offers. Although Drupal and WordPress share some similarities. But notably, Drupal is considered to be more secure in comparison to WordPress. The only downside about this CMS is it doesn’t have many theme options or plugins. Read more about website designing quotation and custom logo design service.
5. Create a remarkable website user interface
For small businesses, it’s crucial for their web interface to leave a positive first impression. One that drives immense results. In order to achieve this, it’s a must to hire a professional for web design services for small businesses. This can be done by implementing a few suggestions:
- Make use of visually appealing graphics and readable fonts.
- Always use optimized and compressed images, videos, or any graphics. As it will affect the loading time of your website.
- Do extensive research about your industry competition, target audience, latest trends, etc. To always keep your site up-to-date and fresh.
- Add all the necessary information while making sure they are easily accessible.
Surely, you can tell by now that creating a small business website is not as simple as you thought. Especially one that is aesthetically pleasing, engaging, and high functioning. But if you follow these necessary steps, it can help you succeed in the online marketplace in no time. Check out our latest blog post and Instagram.