There is nothing new to the idea of every brand needing a video marketing strategy. It is essential and has been around for a long time now. But what actually has changed is the importance of this medium of marketing on different platforms and channels. All thanks to social media for its popularity in video marketing. Now it isn’t just one piece of a company’s overall marketing reach. Instead, it’s the central or main point to your outreach, social strategy, and all the campaign efforts.
As a result, brands are now able to make a much stronger impact without using photos, or even text. Along with giving people their favorite type of content. In simple words, it’s a win-win situation for those who are aware of this way of marketing. But except for those who don’t have any idea of the importance of video marketing, specifically on social media. Because according to research 4 out of 6 global consumers prefer watching videos on social channels.
This is exactly where this guide comes in and helps you conquer. In this article, you will find the information you need to develop a video marketing strategy. For better understanding, we have divided everything we know by the social media platforms.
First thing first, let us understand what does video marketing means, its types, how it works and why is it so important.
As the name suggests, video marketing is all about making the most out of videos. It is a massive part of digital marketing. And includes using videos to raise brand awareness, create and increase engagement on all digital and social channels, promote products and services, and drive sales. All just with this one new medium. By now, it has become so widespread that it is considered to be a must-have skill for all marketers.
There are 12 types of marketing videos introduced till now. Including brand videos, demo videos, event videos, explainer videos, expert interviews, how-to videos, customer testimonial videos, animated videos, virtual reality videos, live videos, personalized messages, and augmented reality videos.
Importance of Video Marketing:
Still, if you are somehow not sold on video marketing, then we can provide you with some facts and figures. As there is absolutely no shortage of statistics to convince you of its efficacy. If you look up online, the internet is overloaded with stats. Overall, all of these stats point out only one thing, “video marketing is the future”.
- Generally, a video drives almost 41% more organic traffic to one’s website.
- It generates around 50% more revenue.
- According to research, people are more likely to make a purchase after watching a video.
- Also, 54% of viewers want more video content from the brands they follow.
- It leads to 65% more qualified leads, a year.
- The use of videos can rapidly boost your conversion rate up to 80%.
- According to YouTube, viewers spent more than 1 billion hours watching videos every single day on the platform.
Simple Steps To Follow For An Effective Social Media Video Marketing On Every Platform
By every means, creating and posting videos on social media platforms should help you succeed in your existing marketing goals. So, to get the best out of it, let’s drill into some of the best practices for each platform.
You are absolutely wrong to think that Twitter is just for video content. As a matter of fact, video tweets get 10 times more interactions than most non-video tweets. Additionally, it is more profitable for social media marketing than any other platform.
There are two ways of video marketing for Twitter.
- Always keep your videos short. And try to hook the audience in the first three seconds.
- Add subtitles and closed-captioning to your Twitter videos. As a large number of people watch videos without sound.
- Keep a keen eye on the top trending hashtags. If possible, then join the conversation, as Twitter recommends.
- Ads of 15 second or less performs better at memory encoding. The shorter your ad, the better it is.
With an immense number of users, Facebook is still said to be the best place to begin marketing. Additionally, it also provides a wide variety of options. So, you don’t have to stick to one method.
- Always make sure to create videos that grab the viewer’s attention at just one glance.
- Don’t ever forget to add closed captioning to your videos.
- For the convenience of your followers, organize all your videos into a playlist.
- Add call-to-action to your Facebook Ads. Anything as simple as a “click here for more information” will do the work.
- Use Facebook analytics to specifically target your ideal audience.
- You can simply host a Q&A on your Facebook live to have a real-time interaction with your followers
- Share a follow-up post linking back to the archived live video.
It goes without saying that Instagram is on the rise. And it encourages more video content than pictures with long captions. The four methods of video marketing on Instagram are:
- Since there is a one-minute time limit on Instagram videos, make sure to keep it short.
- Instagram accounts are all about following a theme. Add a consistent theme to your videos, whether in terms of topic, regular setting, or a visual style.
- Let your Insta video do all the talking. Highlight the important points and keep them relevant.
- Just like Facebook, customize your Instagram audience too. Try figuring out who your specific target audience is.
- Insta stories have an even shorter time limit and it disappears after 24 hours. Keep it short, minimal, and sweet.
- For IGTV, you have to think like a YouTube vlogger. As there is absolutely no difference and it works exactly the same.
YouTube is like the ultimate social media platform for video content. Most of the videos you post on any other social media, eventually end up on YouTube. Nailing it on YouTube means being great at video marketing.
- Try your best to post on a daily basis.
- It offers you the freedom to experiment with different things. In order to find your niche, try different tones, styles, and formats, till you find the one.
- Use the right keyword to make your videos easily searchable.
- Not all the ad types YouTube offers are the same. You have to choose the one which fits best to your brand’s needs. Read more about restaurant website design and youtube logo.
Ready, Set, and Actionnn!
All of this information about video marketing can be quite overwhelming, no doubt. But you don’t have to worry even a bit. With a little help and patience, you will get through it all. Not only you will be able to create an effective video marketing strategy. But will also be able to produce high-quality and engaging content.
Without waiting any further, grab a camera, start filming, edit it and then post it on your social media handles. Sit back and watch your engagement levels increase. It’s about time that you make video a huge part of your marketing strategy! Check out our latest blog post and Instagram.